Stone Films NYC Newsletter of Stuntwars

Valvojat: B1200, John, Bomber#1, ESKIL, Kimmo, ZX-14R, Bomber Magazine, LEQ, btseppo

Bomber#1
Viesti:

Stone Films NYC Newsletter of Stuntwars

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bomber#1 » Ma Helmi 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Tälläistä postia tuli amerikasta:

The Black Sheep Squadron "Dreamteam" wins the team event at Stuntwars

The Black Sheep Squadron "Dreamteam" featuring Kyle Woods, A.C. Farias, Chris "Teach" McNeil, "Vertical" Joe Dryden, "ILL" Bill Knight & "Crazy" Dan Jackson won the team event at Stuntwars '06 in Lakeland Florida last weekend!! That said I must say that this could be the end of an era for me as far as Stuntwars goes. I made a super big effort this year flying Grandmaster A.C. Farias (The Godfather Of The Circle Wheelie) & Cyril Troilen (#1 France stuntrider) over and dealing with the massive amount of logistics; the flights, the gear left behind, 12 people staying at my mother in-laws house,the missed flights, bikes getting down to Florida, hotels and all else that goes on with such a giant stressful task. I even tried to put together a second "Allstar Team" of riders that just didn't work out mainly becouse I just could not pay enough attention to it. I was spread to thin and put a world of stress on top of it and there you go.I think that it’s important that everyone knows that from the beginning the “Black Sheep’s” team’s tag line was “We are not going there to compete, we are going there to put on a show”. The idea was to start getting things together for this summers tour and have some fun with it. We had one hell of a tight entertaining show that would have been awesome had it been run in daylight in front of some deserving fans. It’s a real shame that in the end the “Show” was for 100 people in the dark at the end of the track. Of course the footage looks like total crap. If Stuntwars is going to entertain “world class” riders from around the globe then first and foremost they need to make some improvements and get the event into a “World Class” venue. I drove into the event every day with A.C. and Cyril and they had to pay $15.00 every day to get in on top of the multiple rider fees they paid to compete in their events. I think there might be room for improvement in this realm as well. I believe a “Hospitality Tent” for the riders and their support people is in order and would be a positive step foreword as well. The European riders were flabbergasted by the events lack of production value and care to the riders. No one ever seems to walk away from Stuntwars knowing what the results from the days events were It always seems to be a confusing mess in the dark at the end year after year. In Europe the promoter has a laptop and a printer and they print out the comp. results as soon as they are official from the judges and they have some one get out and aggressively hand them out to all the riders and participents in that days events. That way everyone knows the deal and where they stand at the end of the day, no confusion. As far as me shooting from the stands this year and not having access to the track, this is 100% true but you know what? The stands are where it’s at anyway so fuck all that nonsense. I like being in the stands with everybody, and as allways it was a lot of fun for me. I’m fortunate enough that when I go into the stands everyone knows me from the films and talks to me straight off like they are my friends, which they are. But still it would have been nice to have been able to scoot down there once in a while but we all know that my films are not about other people’s events. Thru the years I’ve done a lot of big things at Stuntwars including directing the MTV True Life “I Live To Ride” episode that was seen by millions of people worldwide and the infamous Black Sheep Squadron release party in Jacksonville that was a blast but at this point as they used to say back in the acting school days..... "What is my motivation"?.. to do anything down there? My energy will be focused on OUR shows now. It was real nice to be able to be an intricate part of getting A.C. Farias over here to America from Spain to ride with his many disciples who he has influenced thru the years. A great man of 42 with a heart like he has for this sport is truly amazing. Many people got to know A.C. on his exciting trip here to America. He rode on a great team with some awesome riders and won the team event putting on quite an entertaining show. He did well in the Tandem & Pro Freestyle events so he did allright for himself on his trip here to the "land of opportunity". He’s a big fan of American stunt-bike riding and is a true "Superstar" of this lifestyle/sport of ours.

Samu
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Samu » Ti Helmi 21, 2006 3:44 pm

jep,jep 100 katsojaa illan hämärtyessä farias+muut starat esiintymäs???huh huh ei oo helppoo ameriikan pojillakaan järkkää kisoja :eek:

olipahan rankka tilitys stonen porukoilta..ei oo helppoo ei

Bomber#1
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bomber#1 » Ke Helmi 22, 2006 10:20 am

Ja sitten tylyä meiliä Kevin Carmichaelilta:

Hi Janne,

I am not surprised that people complained about Todd Colbert!!
He is not a good guy at all and the worst event organiser I have been involved with.

You can tell people he never paid me or Craig Jones full amount for the prize money me and Craig both won at his competition !!

I also read that AC Farias had to pay every day to get into the stuntwars event..........what a joke........I suppose that really says it all !!

Cheers Kevin.
Viimeksi muokannut Bomber#1, Ke Helmi 22, 2006 4:03 pm. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.

Bomber#1
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bomber#1 » Ke Helmi 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Tää juttu saa jo koomisia piirteitä, kun ulkomaan vetomiehet lukee suomalaista Bomber foorumia. :lol:

Darius wrote:

Hey Janne, yes the event was shitty, poor track!!
Yes I heard that Carmicheal doesnt like Colbert very much, I dont blame him.
I would like to come over for a few shows in Europe this year…

Darius

jacka
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja jacka » Ke Helmi 22, 2006 3:28 pm

Bomber#1 kirjoitti:Tää juttu saa jo koomisia piirteitä, kun ulkomaan vetomiehet lukee suomalaista Bomber foorumia. :lol:

Darius wrote:

Hey Janne, yes the event was shitty, poor track!!
Yes I heard that Carmicheal doesnt like Colbert very much, I dont blame him.
I would like to come over for a few shows in Europe this year…

Darius

Hahahha.....Tässä huomaamme miten suosittu bomberfoorumi on....!!!!

Zheba

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zheba » Ke Helmi 22, 2006 11:05 pm

Eikä varmaan ketään haittaa jos Darius olisi tänä vuonna B-Weekendissä?

Batson

Viesti Kirjoittaja Batson » To Helmi 23, 2006 10:29 am

Zheba kirjoitti:Eikä varmaan ketään haittaa jos Darius olisi tänä vuonna B-Weekendissä?
Tottakai haittaa! no ei kivahan se olis nähdä sen vetoa ihan livenä :)

Vastaa Viestiin